Desk-bound Nature Lover

My Blog: Occasional postings about the joys of birding, hiking, camping, and sightseeing.

My life: I spend most of my days in offices, looking at a computer screen, and waiting for those few weekends when I can get out and enjoy some remnant of our precious natural heritage. But, boy, do I live on those weekends!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Back to Blogging

I'm going to try to start blogging again. If you scroll down on this page, you will see that, until a few days ago, I had only one post in the last year, and only one for nearly a year before that. I have had quite a funky mood since coming to Illinois from California more than two years ago, and there didn't seem to be much to say when I didn't have beautiful California to write about. Also, I started a new job which kept me busier than the old one. Now I am feeling better (although still very homesick for California) and my work/life balance is in pretty good order. I am ready to go back to the old outlet for my creativity. I will be trying to post at least once a month, on subjects similar to my earlier posts -- travel, birding, books I've read, and a little bit of politics from my own unique nonconformist prospective.

Here is something to feel good about: George "Dubuya" Bush will soon be out of the White House, hopefully to sink back into the obscurity he deserves.

The replacement sort of looks like he might be okay. He's smart and it looks like his heart is in the right place. I just hope he doesn't screw up too badly. Experience shows that being smart and having your heart in the right place isn't enough to succeed as president. (Think Jimmy Carter.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home